24 April 2007

Of Cabbages and Kings.....

My world is picking up speed and I'm not terribly sure that I'm up for the challenge. Purses, purses and more purses. There are felted purses to be made, there are larger versions to be reworked and today was all about the theme of the first rose of spring. And there's a sweater looming on the horizon. One who's yarn hasn't come in yet. And it needs to be done by June 1.

I am at Threat Level "Concerned".

In an effort to soothe myself, I did a bit of shopping. Online shopping. Always dangerous. I really should have a contest to see who could guess what I bought. A purse! And I don't even carry one. It's a gift for my DS, something that she would never, ever purchase for herself. There was also a trip to not one, but two LYSs chasing colors for the Rose of Spring purse. Relax, it's not felted. The jury is out on whether or not it needs crystals (to sparkle like dew). Lastly was a mission for journaling supplies. I have a clear vision for a knitting journal...it will be interesting to see how it unfolds (literally).

I recently changed calendar formats in another attempt to go totally paperless. A small monthly pocket planner did not help where the calendar on my phone failed. I went to an appointment today that is scheduled tomorrow and I've asked about the next two days multiple times as I fear forgetting something. It might be time to consider a new Palm.

It was so warm and sunny again today that I believe that I have a bit of heat rash along my hairline--always attractive. First the obsession with knitting and not small red dots all over my forehead. It is probably best to hole up at home, knit like crazy and gently introduce myself to the warm weather like the plants--a little bit each day.

Tomorrow, I'm after getting a picture of the growing buds on the tree outside--it's fantastic. I'll share shortly.

No comments: